How to Make the Ultimate Vegan Cheese Board
A cheeseboard is the piece de resistance when it comes to Holiday entertaining. Learn how to make the ultimate vegan cheese board that your guests will love with this easy recipe!
Prep Time25 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 2-3 vegan cheeses (include a mix of different flavours and styles)
- 1 jar savoury tapenade, pâté or spread
- 1 jar sweet jam or preserve
- 1-2 loaves good quality, artisanal bread (such as sourdough, walnut bread or French baguette - gluten-free if needed)
- 1 pack savoury crackers
- 1 jar something salty or tangy, such as olives in brine, pickles, sun-dried tomatoes or artichokes
- 2-3 cups fruit or berries (a mix of fruits such as figs, pears, apples, grapes, apricots and/or seasonal berries works well)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (walnuts, toasted almonds and pecans work really well)
- A selection of your favourite vegan mock 'meats', such as sausages and hams
- Sprigs of herbs or colourful vegetables, to decorate
Start by spreading your cheeses and spreads/preserves out on the platter/board. Ideally they should be in different areas of the board to balance it visually. If you have wheels of cheese, cut a wedge or two out of them for decoration.
Cut small slices or chunks from your bread and fan them out with the remaining loaf around the cheeses and spreads/preserves.
Fan the crackers out around the cheeses and spreads in the same way.
If using vegan meats, cut slices of them and fan them out near the crackers.
Place groups of your tangy foods (olives, artichokes etc.) around the board close to the cheeses. Alternatively just place them on the board in their jars.
If using fruits like apples or pears, slice them thinly. If using figs or apricots, slice in half. Create clusters of the different fruits/berries you're using and place throughout the cheese board.
Finally, add small clusters of nuts to fill out any bare spaces on the board.
If using, add a couple of sprigs of herbs and colourful veggies to decorate the board.
Place a clean knife next to each cheese, and a small fork/spoon in each jar, and enjoy!