These Chocolate Nut Butter Overnight Oats are the ultimate breakfast comfort food. Just 5 minutes to throw together, they'll satisfy any sweet breakfast cravings!
Everyone has their own overnight oats recipe, and this is mine.
I love anything chocolatey so it seemed only right to add cacao to these oats. Mixed with creamy almond or coconut milk, it's a delicious treat for your morning meal!
The toppings are where it gets really decadent though.
Fresh strawberries, cacao nibs, hazelnuts and a big dollop of creamy almond butter take this meal to the next level and make it a visual treat as well as one for the tastebuds.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THESE OVERNIGHT OATS
These Chocolate Nut Butter Overnight Oats are great because they'll keep you satisfied all morning.
There's plenty of protein in the form of nuts and nut butter to keep you feeling full, and the oats will energize you for the day!
They're also incredibly simple to make, as all you have to do is mix the ingredients together and store in the fridge overnight.
A simple, nutritious and delicious breakfast? What more could you want?!
MORE EASY OAT RECIPES
Chocolate Nut Butter Overnight Oats (vegan & gluten-free)
For the oats
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 2 cups almond/hemp/coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup/coconut nectar/agave syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup your favourite nut butter (I love almond)
- 8 medium strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoon cacao nibs
- ⅓ cup toasted hazelnuts
- Divide the oats, milk, chia, cacao, maple syrup and cinnamon equally between two glass jars and give a good stir to the mixtures.
- Place in the fridge overnight to allow the oat mixture to firm up.
- Remove and decorate with the nut butter, strawberries, cacao nibs and hazelnuts. If you like a sweeter breakfast then add an extra drizzle of maple syrup too!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please leave a comment or tip for others below. I'd love to know how you’ve made it your own!