Chocolatey Pecan Chia Cereal (vegan & gluten-free)
A simple but delicious chocolatey pecan chia cereal that is gluten-free, sugar-free and vegan. It's quick to make for a vegan breakfast and bursting with taste!
Servings: 2 people
- ¼ cup buckwheat groats (or ground flax seed)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
- ¼ cup goji berries (or raisins)
- 6 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1½ cups almond or hemp milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup raspberries
- 3 tablespoon cacao nibs or cacao beans
- 12 pecan halves
- 2 tablespoon toasted coconut
Mix all dry ingredients together.
Divide the mixture between two cereal bowls, add almond milk (and maple syrup, if using) and whisk.
Set aside for at least 15 minutes (stirring regularly) to allow the chia to expand.
Add toppings and enjoy!
Other topping options - blueberries, toasted hazelnuts, almond butter and cinnamon.
Goji berries - try raisins instead if you're looking for a more cost-effective option.
Pumpkin seeds - can also use sunflower seeds instead. These are less expensive and are still really good for you.