Easiest Black Bean Burgers (vegan + gluten-free)
The easiest vegan burger recipe out there. As well as being vegan, gluten-free and full of protein, these black bean burgers are totally delicious.
Servings: 2 burgers
- 1½ cups cooked, drained black beans
- 2 tbsp brown rice or chickpea flour (You can sub regular flour if you’re not gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1½ tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp Braggs Soy Seasoning or tamari
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning or mixed herbs
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a blender/food processor and puree until smooth.
Alternatively, mash all ingredients in a bowl by hand.
Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the flax to bind the mixture.
Shape mixture into two burgers.
Add a small amount of olive or avocado oil to a frying pan and heat on medium.
Gently fry the burgers for 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
Serve on burger buns with your favourite salad or garnishes – mine are tomato, cucumber and beet slices, salad leaves, purple cabbage, alfalfa sprouts and homemade guacamole.