Savoury Vegan Oatmeal (gluten-free)
Try this Savoury Vegan Oatmeal for a twist on your usual porridge. Made with beans, salsa and avocado, it's protein-packed to keep you full all morning!
Servings: 1 portion
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup Nature's Path Old Fashioned Organic Whole Grain Rolled Oats (To make this recipe completely gluten-free, making sure you're using certified gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1¼ teaspoon taco seasoning (or you can make your own using chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, onion & garlic powder)
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk or cream (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Que Pasa Mild Mexicana Salsa
- Heaped ¼ cup refried or regular pinto beans
- ½ an avocado, sliced
- Handful Que Pasa Salted Corn Tortilla Chips
- ¼ cup cooked sweetcorn
- Cilantro sprigs
- Lime wedges
In a medium saucepan on a medium-low heat, gently heat the olive oil and sauté the crushed garlic for 2-3 minutes.
Add in the oats, taco seasoning, lime juice, water and coconut milk (if using).
Reduce the heat slightly and let the mixture simmer for 6-7 minutes stirring regularly, until the porridge has noticeably thickened.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
Serve the oatmeal in a wide bowl, topped with salsa, beans, avocado, tortilla chips and sweetcorn. Add cilantro sprigs and lime wedges if you wish for an extra flourish.