I did a recent poll on Instagram asking you all what recipe you’d like to see on the blog this week – and the winner was these 6-Ingredient Vegan Granola Bars! Scrolling through my posts I realised I didn’t have an oat snack bar recipe on here, so decided it was time to remedy that.
If you’ve never made a granola bar before, I promise you these are easy-peasy. They require no baking, are made with just 6 ingredients and don’t need any fancy equipment. They’re perfect for that mid-afternoon slump or as on-the-go snacks to take to work.
The best thing about these granola bars? They’re really cheap to make, in comparison to buying something similar. So if you’re looking to save money and get organised with your weekly meal prep, these bars are for you.
Tips for making these vegan granola bars
The beauty of these bars is that you can mix the ingredients up! Don’t have cranberries, pecans or pumpkin seeds? No problem! Try substituting raisins, walnuts and sunflower seeds instead. You can easily use your favourite dried fruits, nuts and seeds to make these bars.
And if you want to add a little extra kick of protein, why not try adding a scoop of your favourite plant-based protein powder to the mix? (Just remember to add a few less oats so the mixture isn’t too dry.)
Finally, if you find maple syrup a little too sweet, feel free to substitute date paste instead in these vegan granola bars. You may find you need to add slightly more water to the mixture if you do this, as date paste is a little thicker. Have fun!
6-Ingredient Granola Bars (vegan & gluten-free)
- 2 cups rolled oats (or oat flour)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- Blend the oats in a high speed blender for about 30 seconds until they are a flour. (Don't worry if the flour isn't totally fine - a bit of texture is good for these bars!)
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix thoroughly by hand to form a dough. If you find the mixture is a little crumbly, simply add a splash of water to bring it together.
- Scoop the dough into a rectangular food storage container and press it down flat with your hands.
- With a flat knife, score it into 6 even rectangles.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until the bars are firm (the coconut oil will harden as it cools, making the bars set).
- Remove from the fridge, break the bars apart and eat!
- (To store, keep the bars in a sealed container in the fridge. They will last several days.)