7 ingredients and 5 minutes are all it takes to make these easy Cookie Dough Overnight Oats. Perfect as a healthy breakfast or on-the-go snack!
What is it about overnight oats? Why do we love them so much? For me, it's the fact that they literally take 5 minutes to throw together and then you just leave them in the fridge overnight. It's basically magic and it doesn't feel like breakfast should be this easy. But it is!
I'm a big fan of easy overnight oats recipes but I do get a bit tired of the same old combinations. So may I present to you these delicious Cookie Dough Overnight Oats! Made with vanilla, chocolate chips and your favourite nut butter, these oats are indulgent and creamy yet nourishing.
I love making a double batch and keeping them in the fridge for those days when I really don't feel like making breakfast, because they make me feel instantly more productive!
Overnight Oat FAQs
1) What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are basically like a lazy version of porridge or oatmeal. Just pop your oats, plant milk, flavourings and sweetener in a bowl or tupperware, stir and leave in the fridge overnight. The mixture will thicken to give you beautiful, thick oatmeal that tastes pretty similar to porridge, but without the cooking! Soaking the oats can also make them easier to digest. Find more info on why soaking oats is beneficial here.
2) Can I make this recipe sugar free?
Yes! To make it sugar free, just make sure you use sugar-free chocolate chips or cacao nibs, and swap out the maple syrup for a sugar-free sweetener like monk fruit or stevia.
3) Can I add protein to these overnight oats?
You can! I love adding half a scoop of my favourite protein powder to this recipe for an extra boost. I find it keeps me fuller for longer if I do this, too.
Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp vegan chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- 2 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond or oat milk
- 1 scoop your favourite vegan protein powder
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Divide mixture between two bowls/storage containers and cover each.
- Store in fridge overnight until ready to eat. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please leave a comment or tip for others below. I'd love to know how you’ve made it your own!